Top 5 best selling Ultrabook laptops.
They are thin. They are light. They have They are what some consider to be a hybrid laptop and tablet. What’s most exciting about the Ultrabook laptop movement is that its picking up a lot of momentum in the marketplace. People love how the ultrabook is light, thin, and highly mobile, yet super fast and responsive. Again, not quite a tablet, but not quite a laptop either.
The Ultrabook was invented by Intel, who also claims to have a trademark on the name Ultrabook. The Ultrabook is designed to feature a reduced size and weight with long battery life and strong processing and performance. With the Ultrabook, Intel has responded to the onslaught of tablets and the competing ARM-based processors that most tablets are powered by. Will it work out for Intel? It definitely seems to be working so far.
Below I put together the top 5 best selling Ultrabooks on Amazon.
1) Toshiba Portege R835-P81 13.3-Inch LED Laptop – Magnesium Alloy Casing in Blue
- 2.4 GHz i5-2435M
- 6 GB SDRAM
- 640 GB 5400 rpm Hard Drive
- 13.3-Inch Screen
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
- 13.3″ diagonal widescreen TruBrite TFT LED display at 1366 x 768 native resolution (HD)
- 640GB (5400 RPM) Serial ATA hard disk drive
- Configured with 6GB DDR3 1333MHz (max 8GB)
- Genuine Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit with a 6 cell/66Wh Lithium Ion battery pack; Battery Life Rating (measured by MobileMark? Productivity 2007); Included 6 cell battery: up to 9 hours, 0 minutes.
- Intel Core i5-2435M Processor 2.4 GHz (3.0 GHz with Turbo Boost Technology), 3MB L3 Cache
2) ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH72 13.3-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (Silver Aluminum)
- Intel Core™ i7 2677M Processor
- 4 GB DDR3
- 256 GB SATAIII SSD
- 13.3-Inch Screen,
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
3) ASUS Zenbook UX31E-DH52 13.3-Inch Thin and Light Ultrabook (Silver Aluminum)
- Intel Core i5 2557M Processor / .78″ Thin and Only 2.86ilbs Light
- 4GB DDR3 RAM / 128GB SSD
- 13.3″ (1600×900) LED Display
- Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
- Introducing the Acer S3 Ultra book, the PC that will have you instantly powered on and connected to the Web in no time- and at a price you can afford!
- The ultrathin 13.3″ design weighs in at just over 3lbs and is only .5″ thin while packing powerful 2nd Gen Intel Core i5 processor performance. All the best new experiences in a streamlined design, changing your mobile-computing way of life!
- Acer Instant On resumes your computing session in less than 2 seconds and from deep sleep in 6 seconds, thanks to the 20GB SSD drive that stores the current PC state just as you left it.
- Acer Green Instant Connect reconnects you to the Internet within seconds(3)! The Acer Aspire S3 remembers previous Wi-Fi spots you’ve used so that when they are in range, it instantly connects you to the Internet.
- Low power consumption through Acer Hybrid Standby Technology enables up to 50 days of standby power and up to 6 hours of continuous usage and work confidently knowing you’ll always be powered on and ready to go.
5) Acer Aspire TimelineX AS3830T-6870 13.3-Inch Aluminum Laptop (Cobalt Blue)
- The Acer Aspire TimelineX AS3830T with its 13.3″ LED display is less than one-inch, at its thinnest point, and weighs just over 4 lbs
- The 2nd Generation Intel Core i5 processor delivers even more performance automatically when you need it and now a better visual PC experience built-in.
- Stunning 13″ widescreen LED-backlit display features 16:9 HD True Cinematic View for enriched multimedia playback
- New USB 3.0 port works up to 10x faster than the standard USB 2.0!
- Dolby Home Theater v4 Audio delivers riveting sound from any pair of PC speakers or headphones.
So do you own one of these Ultrabooks? Let us know what you think about it in the comments below. Primarily, I see the the Ultrabook being able to compete more with traditional laptops (think the Dell Latitude) as opposed to hacking into the tablet market. After all, the Ultrabook ultimately is not a tablet at all since it has the attached keyboard. But what Intel is seeing with the Ultrabook is that super light and thin can compete with the greater laptop industry.